RSD DROPS 2020 ALL
A-side is the first new material in 20 years from indie rock icons Archers of Loaf with a cover of "Street Fighting Man" originally recorded by The Rolling Stones on B-side.
"Raleigh Days"/"Street Fighting Man"
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Limited edition companion to Mikal Cronin's 2019 Seeker album, Switched-On Seeker is a completely synth-based, full-length reworking of Seeker in the vein of Wendy Carlos' "Switched-On" series.
“Shelter”|”Show Me”|”Feel It All”|”Fire”|”Sold”|”I've Got”|”Reason”|”Caravan”|”Guardian Well”|”Lost a Year”|”On the Shelf”
40th Anniversary Edition of The Cure's second studio album Seventeen Seconds, featuring their first UK top 40 single "A Forest". Pressed on picture disc for the first time, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
In May 2002, Disney pulled the plug on Mammoth Records just weeks before the June 25th release date of John Wesley Harding's The Man with No Shadow. No more than 300 hundred journalists received advance CDs of Harding's new record, while only a handful of radio stations received the single "Negative Love'. No other physical copies existed. Over the years those advance CDs have fetched untold hundreds of dollars from an eager fan base in search of Wes' great 'lost" album. Though many - but not all - of the songs ended up on 2004's Adam's Apple (DRT Records), which All Music Guide called 'the finest album of his career', those that did make the cut were in a jumbled running order. The album has never previously been released on vinyl. The Man With No Shadow First Edition restores the album to Wes's original vision. The audio has been remastered from the original tapes, and the package includes cover art from the original sessions and extensive liner notes. The CD package includes the original album plus a bonus unheard band demos and studio outtakes, all previously unreleased.
1. Nothing At All 2. Negative Love 3. Monkey and his Cat 4. Sleeper, Awake 5. Hard 6. Pull 7. Sussex Ghost Story 8. It Stays 9. When You Smile 10. Sluts 11. She Never Talks 12. Already Dead 13. Protest Protest Protest (from Adam's Apple) 14. Slippery Slide to Bliss (Out-take) 15. Sluts (Demo) 16. Negative Love (Demo) 17. Monkey and his Cat (Demo) 18. Sleeper, Awake (Demo)
NC folk rockers Hiss Golden Messenger re-record two of their original songs, "Cat's Eye Blue" (from their critically acclaimed 2019 album Terms of Surrender) "Standing in the Doorway" (a 2017 digital-only single) at Spacebomb Studios in Richmond VA, with contributions from their in-house orchestra. The latest in the Alive at Spacebomb Studios series.
“Cat’s Eye Blue”/”Standing In The Doorway”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Brand new studio record of all new original material from Hall of Famer Pete Krebs. Recorded with his all-electric band The Gossamer Wings. These new songs are in line with the other two records from this line up I Know It By Heart and Sweet Ona Rose. Highly anticipated new record from internationally recognized singer-songwriter Pete Krebs.
For the entirety of her nearly three-decade-long career, globally acclaimed singer-songwriter Lisa Loeb has been exploring a variety of styles of music, moving seamlessly between creating family-friendly albums, including her 2018 Grammy-winning Feel What U Feel, and adult-focused studio albums like Tails, Firecracker, and The Way It Really Is. It is her latest release, her fifteenth record to date, A Simple Trick To Happiness, that finds Loeb putting forth her most poignant and profoundly personal album in an exceptional body of work. The Record Store Day exclusive deluxe vinyl release of 'A Simple Trick To Happiness' features a deluxe tip-on jacket, poster insert, and 180-gram vinyl pressing.
1. Doesn't It Feel Good (feat. Michelle Branch) 2. Skeleton 3. Another Day 4. This Is My Life 5. For The Birch 6. Most of All 7. Shine 8. Sing Out 9. I Wanna Go First 10. The Upside 11. Wonder
Originally released in 1991 and previously only available on CD in Japan, 4AD are finally giving the Pale Saints’ early singles compilation, Mrs. Dolphin, its first ever vinyl pressing on RSD 2020. The album rounds up all the tracks from their early 4AD EPs Barging Into The Presence Of God and Half-Life, plus a track from the ‘90s indie compilation Gigantic! 2 and an exclusive track never before pressed to vinyl, “The Colour Of The Sky”. Coming hot on the heels of the 30th Anniversary edition of their debut album, The Comforts of Madness, the sleeve for Mrs. Dolphin is also being designed by Tim O'Donnell, based upon the original art. On limited edition splatter vinyl.
SIDE A: 1. “Sight Of You” 2. “She Rides The Waves” 3. “Mother Might” 4. “Colours And Shapes” 5. “A Deeper Sleep For Steven”
SIDE B: 1. “Half Life, Remembered” 2. “Baby Maker” 3. “Two Sick Sisters”
Throwing Muses released their long awaited Purgatory/Paradise in 2013, ten years after their previous studio album - a 32 track opus of tangible bliss. Initially devised as both an album and as a book, with writing by Hersh and art by Narcizo, this vinyl reissue features all 32 tracks from the alt-rock heroes.
SIDE A: 1. Smoky Hands 1 2. Morning Birds 1 3. Sleepwalking 2 4. Sunray Venus 5. Cherry Candy 1 6. Film 7. Opiates 8. Cherry Candy 2
SIDE B: 1.Freesia 2. Curtains 3. Triangle Quantico 4. Morning Birds 5. Lazy Eye 6. Blurry 7. Folding Fire 8. Slippershell
SIDE C: 1.Bluff 2. Blurry 3. Terra Nova 4. Walking Talking 5. Milan 6. Curtains 7. Folding Fire 8. Static
SIDE D: 1. Clark's Nutcracker 2. Dripping Trees 3. Sleepwalking 4. Smoky Hands 5. Speedbath 6. Quick 7. Dripping Trees 8. Glass Cats
A rare Nils Frahm rework, with brand new custom compositions by Isobel Waller-Bridge & Federico Albanese. This Record Store Day exclusive vinyl includes beautiful contributions from Josin & Sophie Hutchings and, of course, music from MKX mainstays Ólafur Arnalds, Keaton Henson, GRAMMY-nominated Sebastian Plano, Lambert, Anatole, Luke Howard and Guy Sigworth!
SIDE A –
1. For Now I Am Winter [Nils Frahm Rework] - Ólafur Arnalds, 2. Petrichor – Keaton Henson, 3. In The Blank Space (New York Recordings) – Josin, 4. The Lantern – Federico Albanese, 5. Light Ascending [ft. Shards] – Luke Howard, 6. A Small Kind of Revival – Sophie Hutchings
SIDE B –
1. Le lac - Jean-Michel Blais, 2. Porcelain – Lambert, 3. Particles (ft. Nanna Bryndís) - Ólafur Arnalds, 4. Nirai Kanai - Guy Sigsworth, 5. Éxta – Sebastian Plano, 6. No Ritual – Anatole, 7. TBC – Isobel Waller-Bridge.
Originally released as an EP in March 1982, Ben Watt's collaboration with Robert Wyatt is a critically acclaimed Cherry Red classic that has not been available on vinyl for over thirty years.
Remastered at Abbey Road Studios and reissued for Record Store Day 2020, it comes printed on reverse board and is pressed on turquoise transparent vinyl. This exclusive Record Store Day reissue is released with the full endorsement of Ben Watt and follows his brand new album Storm Damage, released in January, into record stores.
1. WALTER AND JOHN 2. AQUAMARINE
1. SLIPPING SLOWLY 2. ANOTHER CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF 3. A GIRL IN WINTER
MP3 Album: $5.99 Download
The Weeknd's No. 1 album My Dear Melancholy, available for the first time ever on vinyl. The six songs from this project, including the hit single "Call Out My Name" are featured on Side A of the 180-gram vinyl. Side B features an etched design to make this record a true collector's item.
1. Call Out My Name 2.Try Me 3. Wasted Times 4. I Was Never There 5. Hurt You 6. Privilege
If you watched television, went to the movies, or listened to radio in the ‘80s and ‘90s, you probably heard Suzanne Ciani's work whether you knew it or not. Suzanne is a five-time Grammy award-nominated composer, electronic music pioneer, and neo-classical recording artist whose work has been featured in countless commercials, video games, and feature films. The documentary A Life In Waves explores Suzanne's life and innovations through her own eyes, offering a feminine glimpse into the world of electronic music.
With fifteen albums spanning 40-plus years, countless commercial scores and sound designs, Suzanne's catalog is among the most rich and varied of any artist working today. With selections ranging from Suzanne's early modular experimentations, to her commercial sound design, to her romantic synthesizer works, to her delicate piano compositions, this soundtrack is the only collection of its kind. Like the film, it's a journey into Suzanne's mind, and a career-spanning exploration of this genre-defying artist. Pressed on clear vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1. Liberator Atari TV Spot (Long Version) 2. The First Wave (Birth of Venus) 3. Concert at Phil Niblock’s Loft (Excerpt) 4. “Pop & Pour” Coca-Cola Logo 5. Lincoln Mercury 4-Door Cougar TV Spot 6. Suzanne Ciani 'Clean Room' ITT TV Spot 2012 7. The Eighth Wave 8. Rain (A Life In Waves Version) 9. Paris 1971 10. Princess 11. Butterflies 12. The Third Wave (Love In The Waves)
Ponytails & Cocktails is a collaboration between 5 individuals from all different backgrounds. Front man and lead singer, Chad Dukes hosts a daily sports talk radio program (Chad Dukes VS The World) for over a decade in Washington DC on CBS 106.7 The Fan. He also hosts the everlasting podcast," Big O and Dukes" since 2007, boasting more than 50 Million downloads. Acoustic Guitarist, Dempsey Hamilton, is the owner of Mobius Records in Fairfax, VA. as well as a long-time touring sound engineer.
Spawned from their love of the Broken Lizard movie "Club Dread", Ponytails & Cocktails started as a tribute band to Bill Paxton's character "Coconut Pete". They are the ONLY band endorsed by Jay Chandrasekhar and Erik Stolhanske of the comedy troop "Broken Lizard". From there, they decided to write their own material in the same spirit. “Big Blue Wave” is their first original album and it debuted at #6 on the Billboard Comedy charts in 2019 and shot up to #3 on iTunes sales the first 2 weeks it was available.They made only 250 hard copies of CD and Tapes and sold them out within the first weekend. This limited edition record comes with a bonus track and skit not included on the CD or Streaming. Think Wheeler Walker Jr. on a beach in Piña Coladaberg.
THIS RELEASE IS BEING CHAMPIONED BY RSD STORE MOBIUS DISCS IN FAIRFAX, VA. IT IS AVAILABLE TO ALL STORES BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE FOUND IN THAT REGION.
1.Big Blue Wave 2.Look Behind The Banana 3. Interlude #1 4.Percy Pelican’s 5.Son Of A Santa 6.Week Of Tribulations 7.Interlude #2 8.Tacos In Valhalla 9.Canyons Of Urine 10.Putman’s Hair 11.Follow The Banana 12. Big Blue Wave (clean)
The story of this compilation begins with a decades old myth; the "mystery singer" on a 10" acetate demo played to Elvis by Sam Phillips in June of 1954. Phillips, who was unable to ascertain the name of the singer, asked Elvis to sing the song as a debut record. The young, unknown Elvis was daunted by the performance. After attempting to record the song, Elvis felt he could not do it justice, and went on to record “That's All Right”. The demo's existence became an urban myth. The singer was finally identified as Jimmy Sweeney in early 2017 by writer Chris Kennedy, whose suspicions were confirmed by multiple sources, including Jimmy's daughter Eugenia. Sweeney’s masterpiece will finally be released under his own name on this compilation. In addition to that demo song, “Without You”, the album features some of Sweeney’s best recordings, many of which were never released to the public.
1. “Without You” - Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Deep Blues” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 3. “I Pay With Every Breath” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 4. “It Wouldn’t Be The Same (Without You) “- The Varieteers 5. “Desire” - Jimmy Sweeney 6. “Danny Boy” - Jimmy Destry 7. “Don’t Come In Here” – Varieteers 8. “Tobacco Road” - Jimmy Sweeney
1. “Gonna Find My Sweetheart “- Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Flippity Flop”- Jimmy Sweeney 3. “Sick, Sick, Sick” - Jim Sweeney 4. “She Wears My Ring” - Jimmy Bell 5. “Where You Lead Me” - Jim Sweeney 6.”Lunch In A Bucket” - Jimmy Bell 7. “Afraid” - Jim Sweeney 8. “What’cha Gonna Do About Me” - Jimmy Bell 9. “Deacon Brown” - Jimmy Sweeney
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
First vinyl reissue of this landmark 1975 album released on Vanguard Records. Features "Take Yo' Praise," which was sampled in the hit song "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim. All-analog mastering from the original tapes by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio, pressed on 180-gram black vinyl and housed in a single tip-on jacket.
SIDE A –
1. But It Comes Out Mad 2. Dream - Panic - Sonny Boy the Rip-Off Man - Little Sally the Super Sex Star (Taking Care of Business) 3. Ain’t It A Lonely Feeling
SIDE B –
1. Take Yo' Praise 2. Can I Get a Witness 3. All Hid
Founder Marie Daulne's mixed cultural roots--Walloon and Bantu (Belgian and Pygmee)--were the stimulus for her musical creation. After studying with the Bantu and in Europe, she organized Zap Mama as an instrument to meld a synthesis of these previously separate traditions. She instantly stood the vocal world on its head by mixing multiple musical styles, performing them with a group of women who created such rhythmic wonder that everyone sat up and took notice. This, their first release, has many tunes with Pygmee yodel and chant, a 16th century Spanish song, a Cuban song, and elements of Syrian songs. It was the first World Music 'hit' selling over 200,000 copies in the US alone. Available for the first time on vinyl. And on magenta splatter color vinyl too!
1. Mupepe 2. Bottom 3. Brrlak! 4. Abadou 5. Take Me Coco 6. Plekete 7. Mizike 8. Babanzele 9. Din Din 10. I Ne Suhe 11. Guzophela 12. Nabombeli Yo 13. Marie-Josee 14. Ndje Mukanie 15. Son Cubano
Best-selling Chief Keef release featuring the monster hit “Faneto”, on black and orange splatter vinyl.
“Feds” / “Paper (feat. Gucci Mane)” / “Whole Crowd” / “Faneto (feat. Tadoe)” / “Blurry” / “Cops” / “Where's Waldo” / “Farm” / “Home” / “Sets” / “Dear” / “Stupid” / “Cuz” / “Who Is That” / “Smack DVD” / “Cashin'” / “The Moral” / “Swag” / “Wayne” / “BS”
The first vinyl release for their massive 2003 single.
1. Needy Girl (Zdar Dub) 2. Needy Girl (Paper Faces Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Album Version)
1. Needy Girl (Lifelike Remix) 2. Needy Girl (Bloc Party Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Instrumental)
Out of print since its original release in 2013, this RSD release is pressed on red and white vinyl, hand-numbered and includes an exclusive poster.
A01. Oath Of The Abyss, A02. Ruthless, A03. Desperate Times
B04. Winter Kills, B05. The Appetite, B06. Gutted
C07. Curses And Epitaphs, C08. Caring's Overkill, C09. Haunting Refrain
D10. Tripping Over Tombstones, D11. Sail (Awolnation cover), D12. Shudder (Bonus Track), D13. Back Down To The Grave (Bonus Track)
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
Toto’s well-honed musical craftsmanship helped sell more than 40 million albums in their four decades together. In 1980, the band embarked on their first tour of Japan, forming a lifelong bond with fans in that country who adored their polished West Coast rock style. For the first time as a standalone release, the Live In Tokyo 1980 EP captures the original line-up of the band – vocalist Bobby Kimball, guitarist Steve Lukather, keyboardists David Paich and Steve Porcaro, bassist David Hungate and drummer Jeff Porcaro – performing four tracks from their then-new sophomore album Hydra (plus the unreleased track “Runaway”) during that historic trek. On red vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1 “St. George And The Dragon” 2 “Mama” 3 “Tale Of A Man” 4 “White Sister” 5 “Runaway”